The news is an ongoing issue for me. I was taught in college journalism class (many years ago) that the press was to report the news, and that it was not their job to set the agenda in this country, but to reflect it. Certainly, 24-7 news has changed all that. You'd think at a time when the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press is reporting that 63 percent of Americans believe news stories are often inaccurate — the worst report card it has ever seen, that the press would take notice.
I urge you to read the story out this evening by David Bauder with the Associated Press -- "Season of false start for news organizations." Check it out http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33472698/ns/entertainment-television/
Do you think your news is accurate? I'd love to hear it.
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment